Help Desk Information
eTextbooks & Courseware
eTextbooks are digital versions of print textbooks, enhanced with features such as high-speed search and electronic note-taking. Some are downloadable, some are viewed /read through your browser. eTextbooks contain the same content as the print version.
If an eTextbook is available for the title you are looking for, the option to add it to the cart appears. You choose the length of your subscription (on books you read online) depending on how long you need the book. If you choose anything other than Lifetime Access, you will only have access to the book for the amount of time specified. If the book is one that is downloaded, you have unlimited access.
You are emailed information on how to access your eTextbook as soon as your order has processed in our system. After placing your order, your digital product will be added to your My Account Digital Bookshelf within 24 hours.
Due to copyright restrictions, the eTextbooks we offer can only be accessed in the United States, its territories and military bases, and Canada.
To be considered for a refund, your digital purchase must meet all of the following criteria:
- You purchased your eTextbook/Courseware within the last 2 weeks.
- You have not viewed or printed more than 20% of your eTextbook.
- Your eTextbook must be in online mode (cannot be in offline mode).
- If you ordered Courseware, there are NO REFUNDS after the access code is revealed regardless of the date purchased or if the code has been used.
For more information, please read our eTextbook return policy.
- I am having issues with my VitalSource app.
If you have access to your eTextbook, and have technical issues within the VitalSource platform or app, you may contact VitalSource customer service at 1-855-200-4146 or visit their website HERE.
- I am receiving an error message that says, "an error occurred during the VitalSource redemption process".
There is likely an issue connecting to your eTextbook/Courseware with your account for an unknown reason.
Step by Step Resolution
• Give up to an hour for the redemption process to complete and try again.
• If the issue is not resolved, please contact us via chat, email or phone for further assistance.
- I forgot my Apple ID or Password.
To recover your Apple ID or Password, please go to: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid or please contact their support team at 1-800-275-2273.
- Can iBooks be viewed on multiple devices? Or do I need to buy a separate copy for the iPad and the home computer?
Yes, iBooks can be viewed on multiple devices, if and only if they are logged into the same account. For example, an iBook can be viewed on any apple device provided the devices are both linked with the same Apple ID. If you have multiple students with separate IDs, they will both need individual access codes. iBooks will not work at all on your PC or Android device. Please contact their support team at 1-800-275-2273.
- My iBook stopped downloading half way through, what do I do now?
The likely reason your ibook stopped downloading is because there was an interruption in your wifi signal. Try downloading the book again by clicking on the purchased tab in the iBooks app and clicking on the cloud icon next to the book. Alternatively you can download the book to iTunes on your computer and sync iBooks with your computer. Please contact their support team at 1-800-275-2273.
- How do I re-download ibooks to my new ipad?
• To transfer iBooks to a new device, you need to first log in to the iBooks app.
•On the top left of the screen you'll see "Store" click on that to be brought to the iBooks store.
•On the bottom right corner of the screen you'll see a button labeled "Purchased", click on that to view all iBooks currently linked with your account.
•From that screen, you'll be able to download all iBooks currently linked with your Apple ID.
•To download, click on the cloud icon.If you are still having issues please call Apple Tech support at Please contact their support team at 1-800-275-2273.
- Can I view ibooks on my computer?
Apple iBooks are compatible with iPods, iPhones, iPads, and Mac Computers operating on OS X Mavericks or later. iBooks will not work on a PC or android devices.
- The ebook is not downloading or my iBook file is corrupted.
If you already redeemed your code or purchased your ibook, go to the App Store or iBook Store and click on "Purchased" at the bottom of the screen. Select the items that you would like to download. If the file is corrupted, there is a technical issue with Apple's servers. Please contact their support team at 1-800-275-2273.
- Why are my iBooks no longer available or removed from my iBooks App?
Whenever Apple does an update to the iPad, something seems to go wrong with downloaded apps or products. Sometimes your iBook will need to be downloaded again from your purchase history. You DO NOT need to buy it again. Simply, go to the App Store or iBook Store and click on "Purchased" at the bottom of the screen. Select the items that you would like to download. Occasionally, Apple will lose their distribution license for a particular item or app. If you have not already redeemed your code, your code will become invalid. If you have already redeemed and downloaded your product, Apple reserves the right to remove it, but will likely allow you to continue using it. Please contact their support team at 1-800-275-2273. Due to Apple restrictions, you will have to contact Apple directly for support, unless you give us your Apple ID user credentials to assist with your support.
- Why can't I get help on Apple Products?
eCampus can not offer support for Apple products. Apple products are in a closed system and Apple will not allow eCampus to support it products. We are able to distribute access codes, but unfortunately we can only offer superficial support related to basic troubleshooting.
- I'm getting an Access Restricted error when trying to access my ebooks
This error is occurring due to restriction settings on your iPad, to disable them follow these instructions: Go to Settings->General->Restrictions, then either turn restrictions "Off" or scroll down to Websites, and then on Websites, enter shelfit.com under "Allow Websites".
- My iPad goes into sleep mode during the download and it fails.
This is a very common issue due to a default setting on iPads. To disable your iPad's automatic sleep mode, please open the Settings App, click on General, and then click on Auto-Lock. Set the timer to Never for the download. The download should then continue without the iPad screen turning itself off. You may choose to turn it back on after the download, if you choose. If the icon does not appear in your iBooks App, you may have to go to your App Store, click on "Purchased" on the bottom menu tab, find the item you were attempting to download, then click on the icon to complete the download.
- Why has my iBook code already been used?
For iBooks, it is not uncommon that the code did redeem on your account, but failed to complete the download process. Apple often returns the message that your code is already redeemed. To resolve, go to your "Purchased" items at the bottom menu bar of your App store. Then find the product that you are attempting to download. Click on the product icon to complete the download process. If you have verified that the access code has not been redeemed on your account, please contact us via chat, email or a phone call.
Examples of products are: My.HRW, ThinkCentral, Classzone, Download Center
- General Information for Holt Mcdougal Online (my.hrw.com)
Go to http://my.hrw.com and sign in with the login credentials provided
- When I log into Mcdougal Online (my.hrw.com) what do I do?
For some Holt McDougal Online students, My Subscriptions is the home page. Here, you can access your textbooks and perform other functions.
1) Welcome - Your account User Name displays under Welcome at the top of the pane. Make sure that your user name appears here and that another student is not logged in.
2) Register a Key Code - You can add another program or product by entering a Holt Key Code and clicking Submit. Your teacher will provide information if this is necessary.
3) Support and Other Information – Technical Support Information - You can call the number listed during support hours. – Click Web Support to open the customer care website – Click Email Support to send an email to customer support – Click Product Information to open the Holt McDougal Product website. – Click WebChecker to run a browser compatibility check for application plug-ins.
4) My Subscriptions - Your learning content is displayed, including online textbooks. Links may include: – Go to the Online Textbook - View the textbook and other resources related to the textbook. If your instructional program is modular, you will have links to each module. – Online Essay Scoring - Open a website with tools for evaluating your writing and preparing for standardized tests. – View Assignments - Click to view a list of online assignments. In some cases, you work directly with online tests or activities here. To start an assignment or test, click Begin Test/Assignment. – View Progress Report - View your scores for tests and other assignments
- How can I reset my Holt Mcdougal Online (my.hrw.com) password?
Make sure you have turned off your Caps Lock key and try again. Please contact us to have out Implementation team reset you password.
- How do I navigate the Holt McDougal Online (my.hrw.com) dashboard?
For some Holt McDougal Online students, the Dashboard is the home page that opens when you log in, where you can manage your resources, assignments, and progress reports.
1) My Progress Reports - You can view your assignment scores for the last four weeks. The assignments are sorted from the most recent completion date. Click the arrow to see more details about the assignment.
2) My Resources - You can view the resources allocated to you. To view any resource, click its icon. The resource opens in a new window or tab. To view resources for another program, select the program from the drop-down list.
3) My Assignments - Your active assignments appear, sorted by due date. Click Start to begin an assignment. Click Resume to continue with an assignment that you have started. Click Details to view more information about the assignment. Click Notes to view the teacher's notes for the assignment.
- How do I download the HMH eTextbooks App for the Download Center ebooks?
Access step-by-step instructions for using HMH Download Center as well as links to frequently accessed tasks, quick reference guides, and other user-assistance materials.
Easybridge, Successnet, SuccessnetPlus, Realize, MyLab and Mastering
- Which Pearson eText App Should I use?
I have a subscription to the eText for my textbook. Where do I find the eText? What’s the difference between an eText and eText 2.0? Most, but not all, textbooks have either an eText or eText 2.0 version. The usual way to open your eText is from the eText or eText 2.0 button in your Mastering course. The eText opens in its own window. The Study Area menu often also provides an option to open the eText. Another way to access the eText is from an open assignment window, as you are working. Choose Resources (top-right) then select eText. Also, some assignment answer feedback may provide a link into the eText to point you to specific content in the eText for you to read or review.
eText This is a digitized version of your textbook. (If you have an issue opening the eText on a browser due to Flash incompatibility, try another browser.) The pages match exactly what you see in your printed textbook. You may need to scroll to view the entire page. You can pay to renew your access to an eText title, even if your course has ended. You may also be able to purchase an eText independent of Mastering products.
eText2.0This digital version of your textbook is especially designed for online use. Its contents reflow depending on your window size. The eText 2.0 is screen-reader accessible, text size and background color are adjustable for easier reading and you can download the book to read offline on a tablet or smartphone using the eText 2.0 app. You may also be able to do some practice activities, like answer questions. (Your results are not kept after you close the eText session, nor are they reported to the course gradebook if you’re in a course.) You cannot buy a Pearson eText 2.0 independently of Mastering nor renew your access to it.
- Why am I unable to access my PearsoneTexts on the App?
I have a subscription but I when I try to access my eText (2.0) I receive the following message: Your account does not include access to this title. Please check with your instructor, school administrator, or contact Pearson Technical Support for further assistance.
STEP BY STEP RESOLUTION: When you try to access the eText 2.0 from Mastering for the first time, there can be a delay in eText recognizing that you have an active account. You may receive an error message stating that you do not have access. Wait 10 minutes to an hour then try again. (It can take longer in some cases.)Go directly to etext.pearson.com and sign in with your Mastering credentials. You will see the book appear in your available titles. If you open the eText here, you will then be able to open it from Mastering.
- Why am I seeing an incorrect eText and Study Area for my book?
Mastering access codes are book-specific, meaning that they only work for the exact book title and edition listed on the access code card. Review the information below to ensure you have the right access code to access your eText and Study Area.
STEP BY STEP RESOLUTION: You have a book-specific access code that is for the wrong Mastering book. ex. A code for Knight, College Physics but not Knight, Physics for Scientists and Engineers OR A code that applies to a different edition of the textbook. If you purchased a new book and the wrong access code was bundled with it, please contact us.
NOTE: If you have already done work in your course, please make sure to re-register with the same username and password so that you will still have access to your previous work.
- Why can't I download my ebook on the Pearson eText App?
My eText PDF book in the eText 2.0 app Bookshelf says “This title is not yet available for mobile.” How can I access my eText? Before users can open any book using the eText 2.0 app, they must download it from the Bookshelf first. For some eText PDF titles, users see “This title is not yet available for mobile” instead of the Download Book option.This message appears in the eText 2.0 app for smartphones and tablets, released January 20, 2017. After you sign in to the app using your Pearson user account for a MyLab or Mastering higher education product, the Bookshelf lists books for your account. The books can be either native eText 2.0 (non-PDF) titles or eText (PDF) titles, which are based on earlier technology.
STEP BY STEP RESOLUTION:The “This title is not yet available for mobile” message means your eText book is in line to be converted as a PDF for reading on the eText 2.0 app, but it’s not ready yet. Conversion of eText books is ongoing. You can access your eText on a tablet using an alternate app.
- MyLabsPlus, MyLab & Mastering for Learning Management Systems: "You may already have an account using this email address" Message During Registration
I'm trying to register for a course but I get a message that says, "You may already have an account using firstname.lastname@example.org." When you have registered for an integrated Pearson product in the past (i.e. MyLabsPlus or MyLab & Mastering integrated with a learning management system) then register for a new course that integrates a Pearson product with a learning management system (i.e. Blackboard, Brightspace, Moodle, or Canvas) you may see this message meant to help prevent you from creating multiple Pearson accounts.Since the original course was an integrated product, the Forgot your username or password? link can't send that sign-in information. You can click Close when you get the message and then continue with your registration successfully.
- My Pearson access code is not recognized.
If you can not complete the registration because you are receiving an error message indicating that your access code is not found, please double-check the access code you entered. Here is an example of a standard access code: SIMPLE-ABOHM-RILLE-FRIZZ-ABOSH-PALES If you have reviewed the access code and it is still not working, please contact us.
MindTap, Aplia, Brain, WebAssign, Owl
- About access codes
-An Aplia access code has 14 characters and looks like the following: PP1B2C3D4F5G6H.
-Access codes do not contain vowels (make sure you are entering the number 0 and not the letter O, for example).
-Access codes can come packaged with new Cengage textbooks or added to the Digital Bookshelf.
-Be sure to follow your instructor directions for registering your code. The instructions on the digital bookshelf may be incorrect or outdated
- How do I register my Cengage code?
When registering/enrolling in your course, the first things to consider is whether or not your instructor has provided you with a course key and if you will be accessing your course through your school's Learning Management System (LMS), or directly from the Cengage website.
Please visit the Enrolling in My Course section of Cengage for your product. This will walk you through the steps to register your Course Key first before registering your access code.
Following these steps will ensure:
-You are able to use the Grace Period for your course.
-You purchase the correct access code from Cengage Brain – if you need to buy your code directly from us that is.
-You can use the Code Swap feature to exchange a code you already have for the correct code, should the code you have not be the correct one for your course.
- LMS registration
When selecting the item on your Digital Bookshelf you may see the message that the item is accessed through your school LMS.
You will need to follow the instructor directions for enrolling in your course, as different learning management systems have different steps for accessing Cengage materials. Additionally, your school or instructor may customize the names of links, folders, or buttons.
Step by Step process:
1. Log in to your school’s LMS portal with your school provided username and password.
2. Click on the name of the course you wish to access.
3. Somewhere in your course will be a link/button/folder you need to click on to access your Cengage course content. Your instructor may also include individual links to each assignment in your course.
4. The first time any of these links are clicked, you will be asked to link your LMS account to a Cengage Brain account.
5. After you link your accounts, you will then be asked to enter an access code. If you have one, enter it now. Remember, you need to enter your access code before the Grace Period expires or you will not be able to get back into your course. Do not worry – all your work will be saved.